Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectEnliven 'giant strength'
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=23406
23406, Enliven 'giant strength'
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
All other useful spells to a shifter are enlivenable, can this be made enlivenable too?

-----Abernyte
23407, I would add...
Posted by Dragomir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enliven "detect magic" and "detect artifact" also. Walking about looking for my sleeks in form and having it drop is a little annoying.
23408, People need to have opportunities to catch you out of form.nt
Posted by Dylan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
23409, Everyone runs out of mana eventually...
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a bit like saying there should be a 1 tick timer between an invoker shield dropping and being able to recast it because people need to be able to catch an invoker without shields.
23412, Actually alot of spells need cooldowns like that, voker shields included.
Posted by Scrimbul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Duo comes to mind, alot of the muter buffs (on individual targets), haste, stoneskin, flight, etc.

It would balance a/b/s to have those cooldowns at least if either these spells or a/b/s had them (but not both).

You do need a reason to watch your affects list and word to reapply them after all.
23410, I disagree
Posted by Theerkla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was more likely never given to shifters because maledictions didn't affect them and hence, they didn't need it. I think it was possibly an oversight when maledictions were made to affect shifters that giant strength wasn't added in as an enliven.
23415, I was thinking of Mobs more the people catching you out...
Posted by Dragomir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When I'm exploring, switching out of form can be very dangerous if I have never been in an area before. Would you ask that warrior to remove all of his equipment in order to eat a pill that allows them to see magical items?