Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectEarthquake.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=20483
20483, Earthquake.
Posted by WarMage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think it is a bug, but I am wondering about this particular spell. It would seem to me that the difficulty in getting this spell up in skill is much, much, harder than it is for the other level one invoker spells. Is this by design? Or is it something worth taking a look at? Just a thought since I have had bad experience with it ever several invokers recently and cannot seem to get it to go up very quick even with the affinity at 10, and playing a svirf that is supposed to have an a certain natural talent with that element.
20486, RE: Earthquake.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If earthquake is beating you, probably invoker is not the class for you.

I'm just saying.
20487, RE: Earthquake.
LOL, well thanks for that. Apart from that I didn't say it was beating me, just that it took awhile to get it to gain in comparison with the other lvl 1 spells. Just curious if it was supposed to be more difficult or if there was something up. *boggles*
20485, RE: Earthquake.
Posted by Terwin05 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When this happens, you're likely making invoker mistake #1 - that is, trying to practice a spell while not wielding a weapon you know.

I still make this mistake from time to time.

T
20488, RE: Earthquake.
Practicing a spell without wielding a weapon I know? That makes no sense since I was still using channel heat, frost touch, shocking touch, etc, and practicing the spell in combat. Do I need to wield a weapon to learn spells? I didn't think that was the case.
20489, Just be using a touch instead of hand to hand (prior to the level you learn hand to hand)
Posted by Scrimbul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you have any doubts, use a dagger or mace or something invokers learn, but you should be fine with touches.

You should probably quit and return some other day, even if it does #### all to the RNG it calms your mind and removes suspicions about practice.
20484, You think that's bad? Have fun with Gel. -nt-
Posted by Mekantos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
asfasfsaf
20504, RE: You think that's bad? Have fun with Gel. -nt-
Posted by Plushka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Make friends with conjurers when you want to raise gel, "Hey, want to practice elemental binding and summoning? Just bring up some watery ones pal"
20508, You do know there's a timer on summoning, right?~
Posted by Aodh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>.>
20510, Fiiiinnnnne
Posted by Plushka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Train it on the water elemental guard in Udgaard. No tribby problems there and it goes down with a good two or three gel hits.
20511, I'll remember to kill you with trip spam when I catch you doing this nt
Posted by Scrimbul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
20513, Why do you insist on spamming it on a mob?
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's quicker to spam on terrain water, so I don't see why gel should be practiced on a mob. Unless you want to gather xp from water mobs, of course.
20514, I really hope you don't mean this whole "water elemental approach"
Posted by Mekantos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just cast the damned thing on water, but I'd suggest moving around so that you are casting it over un-gelled water. I might be wrong, but I think that's more effective.

Nep, am I wrong on that?
20520, YOUR FACE IS WRONG!
Posted by Stunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just wanted to jump on the Mek hating bandwagon.

That is all.
20524, I could be crazy, but I perfected it easy without moving rooms.
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
if you think gel is nuts I can't wait to see your reaction to attempting to gain ooze mastery, that one will take you a lot of spamming. Nice long timer tough to learn and tons and tons of mana. Immolation can be nasty too because of its mana cost.
20509, Or just practice it on terrain water. nt
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt