Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRacial Edges idea
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=20088
20088, Racial Edges idea
Posted by Hopelessdwarf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So I was bored and was thinking would it be possible to get race edges that make fighting shapeshifters better? Similar to bard repertoire edges and stuff.

For example:

Arial- Winged Victory (given to warriors, assassins, thieves, maybe others)- This edge aids in an arials ability to fight shapeshifters in their flying forms (maybe like dragonslayer but toned down)

Do the same thing for felars. Just a thought, probably not a good one.
20098, What would make more sense is...
Posted by GinGa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The respective races, getting a bonus for USING shapes with similar anatomy. Felar with feline and arial with avian. And if you want to be real fussy, even though they don't need any more advantages, more humanoid races and apes.

I can see where you're coming from and all, but I don't see how anything but a ranger deserves a bonus fighting against animals. Even if it's the supposed 'arial versus bird' scenario, it strikes me an arial would have a pretty good idea how to fight another arial with hands in the air, but not necessarily a bird. Not enough to warrant a dragonslayer-like bonus anyhoo.

I would like to see more advantages to arials and flight in general, but I've not got any serious ideas in that direction. I guess I want to see cloud giants get another flying-related-edge bone thrown their way first.

Yhorian