Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectShapeshifter titles
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=19696
19696, Shapeshifter titles
Posted by _Magus_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Would there be any possibility of maybe starting a contest to come up with shapeshifter titles for the different major shapefocus they choose? There is an abundance of shapeshifters out there, and I think there will continue to be, since the class just got quite a bit more exciting. As it is now, the first question people ask is what sort of shapeshifter so-and-so is. Was thinking something along the lines of how rangers got different titles for their terrain choice (I think?) Have standard mage titles for 1-10, and have shapefocus major/minor work like spheres, where you can't gain experience past level 10 unless you pick your major focus.

Heh, looking over the idea, it's probably worthless. Figure what the heck though.
19724, Problem I see with this...
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Certain foci have easier or harder times at the lower levels in PK. Giving foci specific titles will basically paint a huge bullseye on some people, giving others an unfair advantage in choosing targets. You won't know what spec that warrior is, without at least walking up to him and looking or attacking him and seeing what he hits you with. I don't think we really need to handicap lower level shifters any more than they are already when it comes to PK.
19728, It's same thing as with warriors who don't want to disclose their specs/legacies.
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The moment of surprise is lost if the title reveals your specialty.
19698, RE: Shapeshifter titles
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The ranger class shares a common list of titles, FYI.