Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectDespite all my rager, I'm still just a..
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=19527
19527, Despite all my rager, I'm still just a..
Posted by WildGirl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had a quick thought:

A power to let ragers break open doors of locked rooms that they're trapped in (from summoning). The limitations would be a) has to be a room where the only exit is through the locked door, b) adrenaline can't be pumping (as in settled down from pk), c) there is sufficient lag after use.

Overpowered? Just right powered? Comments or suggestions?
19539, RE: Despite all my rager, I'm still just a..
Posted by Patick on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Despite all my rager,
Im still just a mage in a cage!
19535, More simply...
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Let anyone with lockpicks pick locks of doors with a 2% chance of success, 1% if they don't have picks. This is in keeping with transmuters who can spin staves and antipaladins who manage a dodge. This chance cannot increase unless the character has the skill normally.

Eventually even warriors get out, and it doesn't require significant coding.
19536, Despite what I thought
Posted by A2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which was that no one would come up with an idea I'd like or even want to comment on, I really like this and find it highly appropriate given the recent changes.

What happened to the days of necros spamming "steal potion" on sleeping targets?!
19538, I'd actually agree with the first bit. nt
Posted by GinGa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
19534, RE: Despite all my rager, I'm still just a..
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This isn't something that Battle in general really could use so much as specifically Battle warrior. Moving on...

Some kind of door bashing command is something we've kicked around now and again over the years, and come to the conclusion that we'd never be able to implement it in a manner we're happy with without someone revisiting every door in the game and statting out how breakable they'd be. So far, no one has wanted that extremely unenviable task. :)
19532, Re: doorbashing
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe it could have a disadvantage where in some occasions the door would fall in the wrong direction, instantly squishing the poor rager into a bloody pulp. The doorbashing would then be like a Russian roulette and hardcore ragers could then have manly doorbashing competitions, in which the one to bash most doors without being squished by the door would win the contest. Doors would be deadly beasts indeed and the Imms could then keep a record on CF's deadliest door, as in which door has squished most ragers.
19531, I'm against this
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You need to learn not to expose yourself to the summon.

That means don't fight someone who can sleep you and summon in an area where they can summon to a room you can't escape.

It also means don't stand around when you see a summoner heading to such a room.

Having played summoners, all decent ragers stepped out of Galadon (for example) as soon as they saw me heading for the rooms.
19529, I like it with some resevations
Posted by Hopelessdwarf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would make it limited to certain locks (thinking if bards can pick them they can be "broken") It would cause considerable lag maybe something like the snow badgers burrow ala

You assess the door infront of you and search for weak points...

As you take several steps back you prepare yourself for the charge...

Sprinting forward you hurl yourself at the door attempting to break it open...

As your shoulder/foot greets the door you feel a slight cracking down and wince in agony..

Your door bash (yeah needs a better name) massacres you! (Here I am thinking a small boneshatter like effect -4 dex -4 str maybe 10 hour timer).

As you feel the door give way you, your weight carries you beyond the door and into the next room, the weight of your belongings causes you to fall clumsily to the ground. Your fall maims you! (then like trip lag here).

Other effects could make you tender to blunt like some sort of malison.

In addition I think it should be sized based, giants have a high success rate while svirfs/gnomes/arials should almost never succeed.
19528, This is why...
Other classes than warrior are allowed into Battle.

Bards, Assassins and Thieves get pick lock, and your problem is solved. If you aren't playing one of the above classes, it's a very good reason to ally yourself with one swiftly. No class is designed to 'solo everything'. Except maybe the AP class :(

Yhorian
19530, The reason this is necessary is...
Posted by WildGirl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because I can think of plenty of times when there are 20-30 people on, 10-15% of whom can pick lock, and none of them able to pick the lock in front of you. So.. you should sit in one room for several real life hours because your RP prevents you from asking to be summoned out? You should commit suicide because you can't get out of a locked room? How would that be considered rager RP? Giving someone at least a chance to get out when they otherwise would have no way is fine by me, especially if you put limitations to prevent abuse.
19533, Huh?
I think you're looking at this wrong.

Stop thinking:

"How do I get out of this locked room without relying on other-player interaction or preperation?"

And start thinking:

"How do I avoid getting locked in a room?"

This is how CF works, and how the winners get around it :)

Yhorian