Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectCall lightning
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=1952
1952, Call lightning
Posted by Quiditus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
has that been changed for druids/rangers so that when you use it you can't see how much it hurt them?

You call lightning from the skies to strike Someguy!
Someguy yells 'Help, I've been struck by lightning!'

and I got no damage. I remember you used to be able to see how much it hit them for, but not how hurt they were.
1966, RE: Call lightning
Posted by Humble Explorer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Howdy,

Actually, one of my chars had it called upon them recently. I yelled from it, got the pk no quit timer but didn't take any damage at all. Perhaps this is just a potential way for the spell to fail? Alerting your victem you attempted it but fumbling it? Every time I was hit in the past I took damage from it though. That was the first time I ever yelled from it but got no damage.

Humble Explorer
1968, interesting
but very frustrating then....I mean at 75% it fails alot anyway, plus all the time making a storm on a sunny day, then the lightning timer...I mean it never was THAT powerful to tone down was it?
1969, It can be that powerful
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Under certain circumstances, rangers can call lightning on someone into oblivion. I remember doing this as Cronin with Paelnor and another ranger during the first Sylvan-Village war. Something like 9 strikes in a row destroyed this poor rager. It was pretty sweet.

That being said, I had lighting called on me recently and yelled but took no damage as well. I hope it hasn't been toned down.
1972, RE: It can be that powerful
how did you do 9 strikes in a row with only 2 rangers? I mean yeah if you had 9 rangers then just about anyones screwed :)
1973, As nepenthe would say, I will leave that as an exercise for the reader. nt
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1963, so........
could any imm let me know if this was intentional or not? I'm just kinda curious (besides how much of a thorn it is in my side that I can't even get an idea of how much I just hurt them for)
1964, Well...
Posted by Zepachu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How would you know how much you hurt them for? All you KNOW for a fact is that you called down lightning to strike them. You aren't in the room with them so you wouldn't know if they even got hit, let alone for how much.
1965, RE: Well...
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
maybe they scream louder?
2085, I had it called on me, it also did no damage. Probably bugged. nt
Posted by Boldereth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
2086, they fixed it on the bug board....of course they.....
didn't fix it when "I" bitched about it!!! damn you imms and your quid ignoring habits! you will rue the day I figure out what "rue" means!!! I promise you that!
1967, like I said....
it USED to be that you could see how much damage it hit for. Yes in real life you would not be able to know. but I won't go down that argument cause there are countless upon countless things that make absolutely no sense. (how can we all talk telepathically for basic starters)

anyway I was only curious if this change was intentional or if its a bug.
1955, RE: Call lightning
Posted by fleshofchaos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Guess it has been changed. Just tried it and yep, no damage...

*snicker* sorry to "you know who you are" but I just couldn't resist the temptation.