Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectInvoker touches/parry. Change? When? Why?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=1774
1774, Invoker touches/parry. Change? When? Why?
Posted by permanewbie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I played an invoker to hero back shortly after the whole "Elemental paths" came in with touches and shields and whatnot.

I liked how I could parry with the elemental touches up. I even improved in parry with it up. I might be wrong, but I think it even mentioned in the helpfiles that you could parry with the touches.

I recently have played my second invoker to hero ranks (one of the billion or so invokers so far this year)...and I have noticed a severe lack of parrying with the touches.

I got my parry to upper 80's by using practice weapons but even with my parry that high, I parry with touches about as often as a rank 1 mage parries (once in a blue moon)...especially against mobs which I dodge more often than I parry (without the dodge skill).

Was this a conscious change? why did you decide to change it? Am I smoking purple crack?

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"
1785, Observation from another invoker's player
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I rolled mine up in December and have noticed decent parrying ability with my touches up. I even get some improvements. Maybe something to do with your held items?
1776, Purple crack (n/t)
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did ask.