Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRegarding Thief Points
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=17139
17139, Regarding Thief Points
Posted by WildGirl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know this subject hasn't been visited for awhile, so I was looking for some updated information. What is the basis for earning more thief points than what the class naturally allots?

I've heard some people say that the Imperial Shadow Lord gets a bonus automatically. Is this true? What about the Kingpin of a given city? Or are all extra earned thief points strictly imm-given?

Reason I ask is because I looked at Yanacek's PBF vs. some other thieves of the same path and noticed he got a lot further along in skills than others did.

Any enlightenment?
17151, RE: Regarding Thief Points
Posted by Sebeok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To my knowledge, no one has ever been given extra thief points. That being said, there has been some tweaking in the past with regards to the thiefpoint costs of certain skills and when you gain thiefpoints.
17155, What about Yanacek? His PBF shows a lot further than most -nt-
Posted by WildGirl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
17156, If I had to guess...
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd say he got the skills pre-cost-tweaking. Then costs were adjusted so you couldn't actually get that combination of skills any longer.
17157, Actually:
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He's, what, full poisoner and then just pickpocket up to deft touch?

I'm not sure you couldn't do that now on a normal allotment of thief points.
17166, Neither are we.
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I realize you guys have a lot of projects going, but how about that table?

Thanks for the game.
17178, RE: Regarding Thief Points
Posted by Dravon Windgust on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I got extra thief points after the demon quest but, imm'd right after that. Not to mention I didn't have any practices left. :P
17180, RE: Regarding Thief Points
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, I've given out extra points as a 'cool thief' reward probably half a dozen times over the years. Not sure if anyone but me does that, though.
17146, RE: Regarding Thief Points
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having been the first Bandit King, and have been an Imperial Shadow Lord...in both cases, you don't get anything automatically. I'm assuming these get revisited every now and then, and I know some of the values get changed from time to time.