Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectHunters Bearcharge
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=16111
16111, Hunters Bearcharge
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just a question to ask what the thinking was behind giving hunters such a poor chance to lag a victim with bearcharge?

The idea of a hunter observing and stalking prey (not at the same time) makes me think they would be better able to bearcharge a person, hitting them where it will be most effective based on observations, lagging them in the process.

I dont get why their bearcharge is so poor, unless it is a game balance issue but I dont see a hunter spamming bearcharge hoping to nail a kill using archery/rapid shot. They would use it like every other ranger in a situation it is called for.

-----Abernyte
16122, I don't think Hunters should even have bearcharge
Posted by Rogue on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

You can get your lag from aimedshots, but most of the time a ranger is going for all out damage anyways. I think the hunter class has way more than enough maledictive options to really need Bearcharge, coupled with keeping call lightning, and their defensive capabilities, seems like it would be an even trade-off.

However, keeping bearcharge, the damage output should really be either much higher, or have some other type of lasting affect. I think this would mesh better with the skill set, and make practicing bearcharge even worth it. As it is, for damage, there are just too many "better" options to go with. All the same, the skill still doesn't fit with the Hunter build, imho.
16125, Trying to lag someone with aimedshot is almost pointless
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
unless it has been changed. Aimedshot torso did like one round lag if I was lucky and it was rare at that. I would chase someone and torso shot them and they would flee straight away and I would be left lagging for a further round before giving chase.

I would happily get rid of bearcharge for the torso lag to be 2 rounds.

-----Abernyte
16127, I got more lag aiming at arms/legs than torso
Posted by Rogue on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

My reasoning was that if Torso is the easiest target, it's probably not going to do much. When I wanted lag, I would go for the arms, and it seemed to work pretty well for me. Hell, ask Imam. *wink* Now it's nothing like Trip, but I got a few kills strictly because of it. Throw on top of that Pursuit, and you just don't need to lag.