Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectCharacter Description - Idea/Option
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=16070
16070, Character Description - Idea/Option
Posted by Shadow1ife on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hope this is easy to code, because I would LOVE it. And I think some other RP freaks out there could too.

With descriptions, I often refrain from using anything describing my position or eyes and looking about. If I'm sleeping for example, or whatever *insert here*. My idea would consist of option descriptions that would be based on position. So you could have a description for when you're standing, a seperate description for resting, and a third for sleeping.

If this was made into an optional thing, people wouldn't have to put a description for resting and sleeping and it would just default to using the standard standing description. Of course, depending on how detailed the code is, maybe it could be a syntax as simple as:

Desc default + *text*
Desc resting + *text*
Desc sleeping + *text*

Shadow1ife
16071, Cool idea.
Posted by TheDude on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I often can't get around putting certain things in my descriptions which would not make sense while resting/sleeping. But things that I want to be there.

References to height, eye color, posture, etc are just a few of the things which wouldn't make sense while sleeping. I know it's a ticky-tack thing, but the idea does sound interesting, although I'd understand it might be a little too subtle for some folks to care about.
16072, Yes.. I agree about the subtleness
Posted by Shadow1ife on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I figure that's the biggest negative going for it, but maybe if its easy enough to code that won't be an issue. I know I'd love it, and it would make looking at people more interesting if people take advantage of it.

Shadow1ife