Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectCenturions
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=1583
1583, Centurions
Posted by Racli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Any chances of making pre-10 chars not be affected by then. Kind of annoying when your rank 6 giant with no moves has to find an alternate route. Then of course (just for good measure) you can throw in the newbie card
1611, Centurions are a mistake
Posted by NastyPope on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
for a number of reasons. Historically Centurions were the leaders of a group of 80 to 100 legionaires, not guards. Legionaires would be guarding a road in conquered territory. The problem is that the Empire hasnt conquered anything so there should be no centurions/guards except for the Imperial lands. Which is where they should be restricted to. They make great watchdogs and slow down invaders to a degree, but other than that they are a nuisance that adds nothing to the game. I understand that CF is not a Historically accurate mud, but neither should untetethered license be taken to the point of changing the fundamental meaning of such concepts.

-NastyPope
1601, Agreed
Posted by Gwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And sometimes there IS no alternate route. I've had my little lowbie char stuck in Balator between a couple of sets of Centurians before. All I wanted to do was go get a practice weapon and I get stuck for the duration. Ok time to log off, because hey, there was nothing else I could do. My little level 4 char certainly didn't know any of the Fort or Sylvan heros IC so I couldn't have her just send them a tell out of the blue to ask for help. So yeah...I quit out and stopped playing for the day. It was annoying as all get out.

Smile - It can't hurt and might help. :)
1604, help pay (n/t)
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
1610, Why not just recall out, below rank 10? N/T
Posted by Falstaff on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM