Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectFemale/Male Only
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=15275
15275, Female/Male Only
Posted by WildGirl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Has any thought been given to adding more gender_only stuff?

Sirine island has a lot of female_only stuff, but what about male_only stuff? What about a male_only/female_only class or a female_only race? Or do you think it would add an unwanted note of discrimination to the game?
15305, RE: Female/Male Only
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Has any thought been given to adding more gender_only stuff?

Why should the stuff be gender only? It would need a good anathomical reason. Otherwise the flag would be plain stupid.

>Sirine island has a lot of female_only stuff, but what about
>male_only stuff?

Maybe, or remove the female only flag from items in which it makes no sense. Genders should be equally viable pick so that people wouldn't pick their gender for powerplaying reasons.

>What about a male_only/female_only class

Why would the class be male/female only.

>or a female_only race?

Maybe some kind of a dryad.

>Or do you think it would add an unwanted note of discrimination to the game?

Discrimination is unwanted because it encourages powerplay picking in character creation.
15406, RE: Female/Male Only
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sure, how about an Enchanted Mithril Jockstrap. Or Sapphire-encrusted Nipple Ring. Or Condom of Virility.

I can think of plenty of pretty much genius ideas. Just ask and I'll make up a list for ya.

I'm debating whether or not to list a few female only classes. I have a few skill ideas for Seamstress though.
15276, Laugh
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
unwanted note of discrimination <<<<

We murder each other but we are worried about this?
15277, RE: Laugh
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At least the murder is indiscriminate.
15278, For fear of Being un-PC
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We instead of calling someone a murderer, we should call them "Deathful Service Representitives."
15287, lol, yeah the PC-ometer is a little high sometimes nt
Posted by Runaktla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
15295, RE: Laugh
Posted by Valkenar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>unwanted note of discrimination <<<<
>
>We murder each other but we are worried about this?

I personally think this is a non-issue, but it's not totally unreasonable.

In CF it's definitely advantageous to play a female character, but the overall benefit is quite small. If it were a whole lot larger you could make a case that this game caters more to women than men (if it's a safe assumption that people usually like to play same-sex characters). That could be considered OOC discrimination. Nobody has a problem with characters that discriminate against each other as long as it's clearly an IC.