Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectGoodie Mobs aggro to Goodies.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=13066
13066, Goodie Mobs aggro to Goodies.
Posted by Eclipse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can someone please explain why this is so?

And additionally, how are good aligned characters 'supposed' to respond to this?
13071, RE: Goodie Mobs aggro to Goodies.
Posted by ordasen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can you give a few examples as to which mobs? That would help figure out the reasoning behind why they may be aggro.

A few examples for some though could be environmental. A mob has become enraged with what has happened around him that he strikes out at the first he see's, not really knowing if they are good/evil/etc.

A second possible reason is that of mind control by physical or magical means.

A third reason, poor design or that the mob in question isnt really a goodie.

If you can throw out some names we can see which ones you mean and how they fall under some of these catagories.
13072, The spirit-knight in Balator for instance.
Or some of the dragons/holy knight in a certain area explore. They just appear and are aggro right off the bat.

In both of those places, fleeing is limited/impossible so you have two choices, die yourself or kill the mob. As a goodie who is trying to RP, thats a rough pill to swallow.

I could say Whitecloak, but it does seem they have some RP reason (albeit from a book) for being hostile. I suppose they are akin to Outlander/Battle lightwalkers.

Another one that comes to mind are certain mobs which are hostile to (WANTED) characters.

Thanks for the response.
13073, RE: The spirit-knight in Balator for instance.
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Read the spirit-knight's description and stuff for the reason on that one.

>Or some of the dragons/holy knight in a certain area explore.
>They just appear and are aggro right off the bat.

What's going on there would probably be more obvious if you were exploring with a group.
13077, Understood.
Likely I am just too dumb to notice whatever it is :)

P.S. Emailed you a small bug/stupid player question.