Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectEthos/Moral Values
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=11483
11483, Ethos/Moral Values
Posted by WildGirl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Who has the best analogies of the different ethos and morals? I used the puppy as my theme.

Lawful good - You pet the puppy and give him a biscuit so long as the puppy is following the letter of the law.

Lawful neutral - You don't care what the puppy does, so long as he is adhering to the law.

Lawful evil - You sit around waiting for that puppy to jaywalk so you can stick a flag on him, butcher him, and then take his only collar for yourself.

Neutral good - You pet the puppy and put the puppy's welfare above everything else so long as no one else is hurt by him.

True neutral - You stare at the puppy a moment and either pet him lovingly or give him a good solid kick in the ribs after the flip of a coin.

Neutral evil - You scheme ways of how the puppy's death would best benefit you and then you execute your plan.

Chaotic good - You steal a village's last biscuit and give it to a starving puppy. You feel great about this decision.

Chaotic neutral - A puppy is on the side of the road. You go bother some ducks. You then decide to go jump naked into the town's water fountain.

Chaotic evil - You kick the puppy, skin it, drag its corpse through town, burn the town down, pee on the ashes, and then go off to kill orphans.
11524, RE: Ethos/Moral Values
Posted by the shark on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
=====
True neutral - You stare at the puppy a moment and either pet him lovingly or give him a good solid kick in the ribs after the flip of a coin.

Chaotic good - You steal a village's last biscuit and give it to a starving puppy. You feel great about this decision.

Chaotic neutral - A puppy is on the side of the road. You go bother some ducks. You then decide to go jump naked into the town's water fountain.
======

You perceive those three alignments badly. Other than that, this was cool. Thanks for the read.
11492, I'll give mine...
Posted by Saith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lawful good - You pet the puppy, and if he should break the law, you try to convince him to change his ways... you still give him a biscuit.

Lawful neutral - You take a puppy's biscuit for breaking the law, but tell him if he's good, you'll give it back.

Lawful evil - You steal and eat a puppy's biscuit in front of him for breaking the law... you laugh, and dare him to do it again.

Neutral good - You take a puppy, give it to an orphane and fill both their stomachs.

True neutral - If you see a puppy, you might pat him on the head, or feed him, otherwise you don't think about him.

Neutral evil - You kick a puppy by accident while walking down the street. You apologize and lure the puppy back to you, then kick it again for good measure.

Chaotic good - You convince a puppy that the light will look after him... Then both of you wait... and wait... you wander off when a passing bird catches your eye.

Chaotic neutral - You attack a puppy for calling you hurtful names, and plot you're revenge with the local ally cats.

Chaotic evil - You convince a puppy to break the law for a biscuit, attack the guards when they arrive, and give the puppy a poisoned biscuit. The puppy dies.

Yeah. That was fun.
11487, Thanks for the chuckle....
Posted by Trouble on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As a long time puppy owner (I've got goldens, they're always puppies), I got a good chuckle out of it. Reminds of why I play CG or CN damn near all the time.