Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectIdea: New Tribunal Power (Arrest)
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=10356
10356, Idea: New Tribunal Power (Arrest)
Posted by rome on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There is another thread going dicussing full looting and the source of full looting between Tribunal and Outlander being the special guards. I'd like to also suggest a power that would combat this and make trib's more fun to play in general.

Arrest (target): This skill will cause the special guards with a trib to hold the target in place and not let him leave. This will allow time to RP investigation's and so forth without having to flag first and ask questions later. The victim would be allowed to flee, but in doing so would get an automatic flag for 'resisting arrest'.

There would have to be a relatively short timer on it (maybe 1 or 2 hours), so that evil trib's don't abuse this. Where this involves full looting is that the target could also be 'corpse'. If this target is used the special guards will corpseguard the corpse from everyone except the owner of the corpse or other trib's. This would allow the trib time to sort through what they needed, and wouldn't feel pressured to loot in order to 'protect the criminals things'.

Thoughts?

...Rome...

10358, I don't get it
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Arest target would hold a person for 2 ticks. They would then be allowed to flee? How?

If they were not allowed to flee for two hours so that "RP investigations" can occur, I would be the first to roll up a trib to prove how overpowered this is.
10367, RE: I don't get it
It's not that you are 'not allowed to flee for two hours', but rather, you can't walk away for 2 hours. If you chose to flee, you are made wanted, as you are assumed guilty. If you are already wanted, arrest would not have an effect.

...Rome...
10379, RE: I don't get it
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What happens when I am arrested, Joe Schmo comes up and attacks me, then I flee? Am I wanted?

10420, RE: I don't get it
No.. you are not wanted.

What would happen then, is since you're in combat, the guards can no longer arrest you. When you go to flee, you're fine.

The person who attacked you, however, could be flagged a criminal.

...Rome...
10357, RE: Idea: New Tribunal Power (Arrest)
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Super abusable. Someone breaks the law, I arrest them. I then get the 4 other tribs and their 8 guards to get to where I am. Then I flag the guys so he has no chance of survival.
10368, RE: Idea: New Tribunal Power (Arrest)
If someone broke the law, and you arrested them, they would know they are going to get flagged, and would just flee (giving themself a flag automatically).

Since you just used the arrest command, he'd have a head start getting away from you before you could start chasing. You'd have been better off using the want command.

Only time this is abusable is if the person is NOT guilty, and does not want to flee because they think they are going to get off... in that case what you suggest could happen. Then again, trib's can do a lot of stuff to mess up people for no reason.

...Rome...