Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: A few ideas
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=9536&mesg_id=9586
9586, RE: A few ideas
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Passive experience-Leveling without fighting. Mostly for characters who choose to remain non-violent or are a non-violent class such as Bard. It would stop adding up when you start fighting and takes awhile to kick back in after your done fighting.

- Sorta defeats the purpose of experience. Variety of class-specific quests would accomplish that better. This would just encourage botting.

Cpose-Allowing a Character to change his position and letting other characters see this position i.e Balec is sitting here with a faraway look in his eyes.

Letting bards write their own lyrics on top of what they already have
it goes excellently with the roleplaying of a Bard and allows them a job entertaining people in Taverns and putting on concerts and contest and the like.

-Going to lump these two together. The problem is like when warcry first became customizable and people would make warcries like :

John looks more stalwart as he yells, 'Spoooon!!!!!!!!'

-#### like that is bad. So, short of normal conversation and stuff like the 'music' command people should've be able to restring themselves, its just too annoying to police.

I really think this is one of the best MUDs I have ever been on and I hope to make a contribution. I also hope you genuinely take my ideas into consideration because I feel they would make this MUD even better than what it is.

- Gotta give the imms props for that, they do act on player suggestions. I'm hoping they fix thieves for instance :).