Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectYar!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=9058&mesg_id=9071
9071, Yar!
Posted by Enbuergo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dual heartseekers, hummingbird pendents, couple spare necklaces of prayer beads, headdress of *CENSORED AREA EXPLORE ITEM*, toss in some *CENSORED AREA EXPLORE ITEM,* ooh and while I'm at it head to Kua-Toa (aka Goodie Equipment Hydroponic Lab), or the goodie village in *CENSORED AREA EXPLORE NAME* (aka Goodie Munitions Cache Station V) and request to my heart's content. Let's see, to round that off, I'd go to the Basilica (aka Goodie Equipment Hydroponics Backup Station B) and request pretty nice spares of everything. But I'm a dwarf, so I think rather than a hummingbird pendant or prayer bead, I'll free up a spot for *CENSORED AREA EXPLORE ITEM* to sanc myself in combat. Crap, I'm a paladin and need two-handed weapons. Guess I'll go to a certain area wintery area (aka Goodie Frozen Gear Storage Facility MK4) and grab a second set of spares until my inventory is maxxed.

I'd say you have a point, if Hell's rather sensitive author hadn't closed it down save for the odd visit every 365 days or so. Sure the axe of Mel'Kartha kicks ass, but you need a time machine to get it.

Bottom line is I'm not conviced there really is this huge disparity between good/evil gear. Add in the fact that goodies have pretty much free access to multiple large eq caches, and I'm not buyin what you're sellin!

I'm not saying that it's hell on earth as a baddie gear-wise, but I dispute evils have the cakewalk you make it out as. Next time your drow gets hit with twin heartseekers and twin prayer beads with a HoG as backup, lemme know if you're thinking about how Hell balances things out as you're typing 'outfit equip' in guild.