Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: just a comment on herbal remedies
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=844&mesg_id=853
853, RE: just a comment on herbal remedies
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
not that so much of the real world matters in cf but...

herbal remedies are actually more likely to be used for wounds or minor ailments than poisons.

spent too much time with the nurse practitioner/herbalist girlfriend. hehe.
take for instance yarrow and chamomile steeped in hot water and soaking a would or you put a cloth in it to tie about the wound. (this really helps speed healing btw. first hand knowledge.. )

now my personal most oft used combo, nettles and peppermint tea. aces over sudafed with no sluggish brain feeling. downside ya gotta drink a cup every 2-4 hours depending on how strong ya made it.

anyway those type of things were the most likely use for herbs in a pre-industrial society. curing poisons, well i am sure thousands had their own recipes but how many worked? probably very few.

you hear of 'old wives-tale' cures for all kinds of things, but say a snake bite? not many things besides a semi-magical charm to be said over the wound. hehe.

not that i don't find the idea of 'ranger-lovin' interesting, but i had to comment about why remove curative properties of herbs for poison. if you want to add, hey who would have figured out a way to cure a natural poison other than druids or rangers. but disposing of herbs for other healing just doesn't make sense. (again not that it matters if it makes sense as long as the 'laws of nature' in cf don't contradict themselves.)

well there's my two cents. i really did keep from posting for a long time though didn't i?
-Baj