Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: The tweaking process.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=8027&mesg_id=8049
8049, RE: The tweaking process.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lastly, if you see anything doing too good with the minimum of effort required, tone it down (aka pincer) Do not wait and watch other people complain and complain, try looking at it in your Super Duper Immortal Labs.

What do you think we do? Say to ourselves "Wow. Ability X is really broken. I'll just leave it that way until someone complains loudly though."

Do not flame or deny the poster, since this has happened so much in the past I cannot count the times.

I'm sorry, but the credibility of the poster does matter to me. If an experienced player who is familiar to me writes "I've played around with Class X, and I've found them to be too weak.", I can say to myself "This person has done very well with Classes A, B, and C. If they can't succeed with Class X, it's something specific about it." I give that post more weight in my mind than someone I've never heard of, or someone who I know has had trouble playing every class.

Put another way, if I'm having a health problem, I'm going to take the word of two doctors over ten friends. Truth isn't subject to a vote. Sometimes, the majority of people are just plain wrong.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com