Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjecttop ten bad changes and good changes
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=7614&mesg_id=7615
7615, top ten bad changes and good changes
Posted by Larshalv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bad changes
1: Removal of a mage cabal. I think this directly has made the game loose alot of its broad specter. Theres one mage cabal, and its utterly evil. Where is a balancing second?
2: Wand system, this is good and bad, players with knowledge has an easy going, players whom dont get shafted. And with the time I have played none can convince me that a wand or three dont make so much a differance in the game that its ultimately the thing that ither wins the fight or looses it. The mage class has become newbie unfriendly. Atleast pk wise.
3: Shapeshifters in basic are unable to go underwater, which dont make sense to me, why? why?.... *shigh*
4: Neutral mobs having alot of nifty wands. Can make it hard for someone with a good morality to slay. Not hard as difficult, but rather morality problem.
5: Entropy gone... loved that cabal, thats actually one of my fondest cabal memories. Even above the master cabal, as overpowered it was.
6: Some classes have been upgraded and others totally left out.
7: Removal of the elemental cannyon... I really liked that area!
8: Hell, what is it good for? Perhaps make it, like it was more accesible?
9: Imperial induction vs other cabal inductions, gathering coins is not a great obstacle.
10: Still missing another good only race, evils keep comming, but wheres the good ones?

Good changes
1: Roots, herbs ++.
2: Quests implementation with interacting mobs.
3: barter, perhaps the best recent change
4: paladin change with their virtues
5: Legacies for warriors
6: Division of the transmuter/shapeshifter
7: Reward system for exploration
8: Sleep/jack/knockout change
9: Inherent abilites, though Id love some more.
10: Anti gang code, and bashfix pre 25.