Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectYou're both missing the point.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=7314&mesg_id=7319
7319, You're both missing the point.
Posted by Jhishesh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
99.99% of the time you're seeing coincidence, or just smart players. Marans and Villagers are similar in that they are supposed to hunt their enemies. Not just wait around for them. They share two sets of cabal enemies. What kind of idiot would *not* go check the other cabal (a villager go check the fortress or a maran go check the village) when looking for an enemy? Do you have any idea how many times I was accused with an evil villager of being asked by a fortress person to come? That there was no way I could have known to come to the fortress to kill that scion or empire person unless that acolyte invoker had called me? Plenty. And, obviously, nothing of the sort happened. I knew the fortress had the scepter or codex and so I would routinely check by the fortress. And lots of times I was rewarded by actually - gasp! - finding my enemy there.

The reverse is true when I played my various marans, from Aemelius all the way to Brordaran. "Oh, you would never have known I was fighting the giant unless that little firegiant villager hadn't told you I was here to come fight!" Absurd.

You all like to chalk up your losses to other people doing something they shouldn't. You're wrong. Move on.