Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Sure. Tell me I can get a conjie inducted and I'll play one.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=69562&mesg_id=69602
69602, RE: Sure. Tell me I can get a conjie inducted and I'll play one.
Posted by Rahsael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You said: "... even government is consistent, not because it doesn't flip flop constantly, but because the process of passing laws means that the changes to how things are done are written an recorded. Consistently inconsistent, but also documented."

That's what we're trying to do in this thread!

Re Outlander goblins and Entropy conjurers, it really depends on the character. When a great character comes along and tries to break a mold, it will start a debate among the imms. Sometimes the majority (or the IMMs who matter) side with making an exception to the rule, or doing away with the rule altogether. Other times, we decide it's a rule that just shouldn't be broken at all. After a heated discussion, the latter is what happened with the wannabe Outlander goblin.

HOWEVER...

Typically, if we think the outside-the-box character is really cool, there will almost certainly be a consolation prize. Sometimes, the "consolation prize" ends up being really cool. However, a lot of people end up deleting as soon as they hear they aren't getting exactly what they set out for. That's such a waste.

If someone took Dest's suggestion below, or rolled an amazing conjurer who really understood Entropy and wrote a smart argument showing that binding isn't really enslavement in some cases, citing Chaos Mages' history of demon summoning, etc., I honestly don't know how that would play out.

But I will tell you this -- we can't consider a case that isn't before us.