Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: 4b with some investigation can allow a flag. 8 doesn't
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=68882&mesg_id=68952
68952, RE: 4b with some investigation can allow a flag. 8 doesn't
Posted by Jarmel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Firstly don't look at the points in isolation all 8 must be considered this was 100% my intent on the method of application and this is why i detailed events with a rinse and repeat.

A couple of things
"If a criminal periodically retreats to receive healing or shielding from someone who doesn't enter the city themselves, then yes, that someone is committing a crime. If you can prove the fact, go ahead and flag. Send a lowbie assassin to catch them in the act or something."

Wait what?
- So you can flag 4b for the below on the word of a lowbie outside town but you cannot yourself flag for something you have witnessed because you are outside town, which of the two is more credible.
- Even investigating a crime in a city which I did not witness the word of one person is not good enough and you should know this! Hence why the "elsewhere" example resulted in no flag, both offenders denied it and I had one chaotic witness.

"But if both the criminal and the assister are outside city borders at all times, then the crime does not lie within any Tribunal's jurisdiction and thus cannot lead to a flag. You can call it a crime if you wish, but you cannot flag for it -- it has not happened within your jurisdiction. Therefore you cannot flag for 8."

Explain why not, there is intent, frequency and proximity in action of the group of 4, and as stated above you are looking at the points in isolation.