Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subject4b with some investigation can allow a flag. 8 doesn't
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=68882&mesg_id=68948
68948, 4b with some investigation can allow a flag. 8 doesn't
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You need to look at where the crime has happened, not at where the offender or assister were.

E.g. if someone sends a nightgaunt into the city, that's a crime and deserves a flag. If someone uses unerring smite to strike a guildsitting dude, that's a crime and deserves a flag.

If a criminal periodically retreats to receive healing or shielding from someone who doesn't enter the city themselves, then yes, that someone is committing a crime. If you can prove the fact, go ahead and flag. Send a lowbie assassin to catch them in the act or something.

But if both the criminal and the assister are outside city borders at all times, then the crime does not lie within any Tribunal's jurisdiction and thus cannot lead to a flag. You can call it a crime if you wish, but you cannot flag for it -- it has not happened within your jurisdiction. Therefore you cannot flag for 8.

Such situations don't concern me, really. But I'm concerned that your note technically empowers Tribs to flag people like Qinsa did, e.g. for:
* ranking with criminals
* attacking him anytime he was with guards
* defending against his raids on cabals when one member of the cabal was wanted

THIS is what I don't want to happen again.

Say, with Vramun, how could I truly know when he was chasing a criminal? Mostly I just let you attack first (yay chargeset), but that precaution cannot be taken with, say, a necromancer.