Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Assassins are broken.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=65934&mesg_id=66019
66019, RE: Assassins are broken.
Posted by Humbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The biggest problem with assassins is that they can hide but also make it impossible for you to escape when they engage you, regardless of how amazingly skilled a player you are, if you are playing certain combos.

In a low numbers playerbase I think assassins have become OP. Rhyaldrin is a strong PKer but I think assassins take him way over the power threshold.

Keep in mind that we are not counting the fact that assassins are a "persistent threat" that prevent you from moving around freely. As the other party in a 1-v-1 with an assassin stalking me, I have zero options but to avoid being stalked if I don't have detection or camo/duo.

Suggestions from Isildur:

1. Make trance not block fleeing.
2. Remove the part of ground control that perma-lags with throw. "Make throw not permalag"

A rule of CF balance should be: ganging should be the only way to kill a skilled and prepared player from 100% to 0% without any chance of them escaping despite them playing optimally.