Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectEdges - NOT a post about PK rewards.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=64041&mesg_id=64041
64041, Edges - NOT a post about PK rewards.
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hi all,

I was curious if the staff would consider either lowering edge costs across the board, or implementing new ways to obtain edge points in addition to those already existing.

A common theme to posts on both forums seems to be that people REALLY like edges - myself included. They provide a route of character customization/building which is a huge appeal to many players of this type of game.

Would you consider:

Automatically giving a character X edge points throughout ranks (every 10 ranks or something)

Putting the obs/explore edge point notches back where they were (every 1k instead of 2k/3k)

Giving edge points, or a fraction thereof for every item retrieval instead of starting it at 10.

Giving edge points for hours played (after level 11) at intervals 20/50/100/150/200/etc. (to avoid abuse of idling a lowbie with PK protection)

I'd personally like to see more edges in the game. Not only were they vastly popular (every time you guys introduced new ones it was quite well received). They add a lot of flavor to the game, and serve as goals in addition to simply ranking/PK stats/etc.

I understand this is a touchy subject, and I do not mean to beat a dead horse. Thank you guys for any response this may bring.