Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectA few ideas regarding edge reform.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=60142&mesg_id=60280
60280, A few ideas regarding edge reform.
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1. If it is an expensive edge that people always take, do not incorporate it into the class. Delete the edge, as it is probably making a skill considered essential to the class more powerful. That conflicts with the goals stated when edges were introduced. Smoke and Mirrors comes to mind, as it is probably my favorite assassin edge.

2. If (pk) successful characters tend to take a low-cost or medium cost edge, particularly if it is exclusive* to other edges, this edge is should be weakened or removed. I would include Steal Sight, my all-time favorite edge, in this category. This edge is stupidly cheap for its reliability and utility.

If it is a low cost, popular non-exclusive edge, consider setting its cost to zero and putting an asterisk in front of its name in the edge list. When hour/level minimums are met, players can acquire them in their guilds. No intensive coding changes required.

*By exclusive edge, I mean an edge the prevents the character from choosing different edges in the same category, like the martial trance and barkskin edges.