Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectWhat about edge points for longevity?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=60142&mesg_id=60209
60209, What about edge points for longevity?
Posted by The_Shark on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've been wondering why edge points arent tied into character longevity more. Two chars at 200 hours should have a similar amount of edge points imo, with maybe a little variation. It is crazy that someone who knows everything about CF not only have that advantage over newer players, their characters also have a ton of edges the new players can only dream of affording.

My suggestion would be something along the line of this: Imagine the amount of edge points an extremely well rewarded pk and explore character that age-dies at 600 hours amassed. Make something like 75% of that come just from ageing and the rest from pk/explore/immexp etc. So no matter what you do, when you near age-death you will have a similar amount of edge points as anyone else but if you are really good at one or many aspects of the game you can earn that little extra edge over the masses.
The problem I can see is how you balance this for different races since they have different lifespans.

That should lessen the need to explore for those that dislike it. Lessen the impact of being crappy at pk like some of us. Reward actually keeping a character around for a little longer, it's not like age-death is a common thing.

So, what would be the drawbacks of something like this?