Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectThat's interesting
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=60142&mesg_id=60175
60175, That's interesting
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had actually considered a solution along these lines a couple days ago and thought about posting it. I eventually didn't because I'm not sure I want to see a change.

The reason that got me thinking about it was now that there are less edge points it means we as players are more likely taking the "must-have" edges and there are a lot of niche edges going unpicked. I wondered if the solution would be to remove the "must-have" edges and leave the niche ones.

The problem I see is that which edges fall into which category? I've been trying to think of some as you requested and am having a tough time with it, with the exception of some warrior spec edges.

For instance, if I am playing mace spec I'm probably most definitely taking balanced percussionist and skull crusher. Or reckoning of the mongoose for a dagger spec, and seven winds for a sword.

Otherwise, look at the suggestions that are being made. I certainly don't consider some of those must-haves and there are a wide variety of suggestions.

There are a lot of edges that would be nice to pick but I won't because the situations where they are useful are just too rare for me to justify wasting the edgepoints on it. Like Strong Memory or Possessive or something. It makes me wonder if edges like these are really what edges should be.

I think you might also have some disagreement when things are niche customization or must-haves. Some seem like they could go both ways depending on the player or how a build will be played for certain edges. Maybe the conjie edges are a good example of this? You get to pick which servitors you want to buff, and there are several directions you can go with this, which kind of makes it niche. But, most likely every conjie will pick one of them.