Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectJust a few off the top of my head
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=60142&mesg_id=60154
60154, Just a few off the top of my head
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Girded Shield - it's a quality of life change that is necessary, it really doesn't last long enough without it. If you're a low-mana race, say a giant shaman, you'd be a fool not to take it. It's also the one thing you really don't want dispelled so helping that, is nice.

Steal sight - an Anti-paladin's number one weakness is being blinded. This is your way of dealing with that weakness, and you generally want to blind your opponents anyways. Every single AP I've had took this and it was worth it's weight in gold (especially when you steal sight after eyejab and that bastard tries to disarm you).

There are other situational ones where I say "duh" (like ghost of the dune for a bedouin) but those were off the top of my head that should just be included into the class.

Some others I feel that meet the bill are racial edges (zealot of the one law, sage defense, etc) - usually they merit using the points and I feel they should be an inherit change to the class/race combo system. If you're playing that gnome warrior or half-elf anti-paladin or some other bastard combo, give him some loving.