Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectMy idea wasn't so much that any major change needed to be made...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=58040&mesg_id=58061
58061, My idea wasn't so much that any major change needed to be made...
Posted by KoeKhaos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But more that overall stats are balanced now in a way that some races shouldn't be penalized compared to others for learning rates. Otherwise you could easily argue that a drow has no time sink since they can master everything. Therefore, no one would have an attachment to their drow? I don't see a drow being less favored than a fire giant in the game. I only was saying it might be nice, now that dex/int, are more important in general than they used to be compared to str, that the learning rates alone could be tweaked. People dread playing low int races now because getting any skills up takes a very very long time. Drow, on the other hand, are already quite capable fighters now and can master their skills quite quickly in comparison.

My argument would mainly be to make skill/spell learning across the board be more in line with eachother and not specifically int based now that int is useful for other things and most int builds also have high dex.