Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: I'm not trying to fix cents on eastern, what I am trying to fix is...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=5614&mesg_id=5666
5666, RE: I'm not trying to fix cents on eastern, what I am trying to fix is...
Posted by Graatch on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You aren't following your own logic.

If, as you say, you accept that being prepared will allow you to escape in the room in balator scenario, then you can escape in the centurion scenario. In your example you say "you can just walk away if you're fast enough." Why is that not true in the centurion example? You can just quaff a potion and teleport/return if you are fast enough. It's exactly the same thing. The difference being that in the room, if you aren't pass door'd, then you only have one option, to quaff. If you are in the centurion scenario you have two options, take a step and then quaff, or just quaff right there. Or attack the centurions and kill them before the imperials kill you.

And only imperial black sects, who are of the right level and status, have black circle. Shamans don't have it at all, obviously.

Who said centurions weren't designed for exactly this purpose? A bitter player?

So far all I'm hearing is that a tactic that's been around for years and years, and has been used (far more effectively and often than currently) has had some recent success. Do none of you remember agorinth? savryn? the gazillion imperial necros and antipaladins? The centurions are weaker now than they were then. And they are so easy to get around. I just don't see the problem.

And yes, I've used them, and been killed by them. I know what it's like. So don't tell me I'm whistling dixie.