Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Spoken like a true killer-type player
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=56349&mesg_id=56447
56447, RE: Spoken like a true killer-type player
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Firstly, hiding out in your guild or cabal is far from the only option you have. If your opponent is a conjurer or an air form or other class with the ability to locate and attack you anywhere with a few paltry commands avoiding conflict can be difficult but if people are trying to hunt you down by foot, staying aware and keeping on the move will make you very hard to find or pin down. Even with an air form or a conjurer looking for you, guild sitting/cabal sitting is never your best option. Make an effort!

On one occasion when I logged on to a particularly brutal PK range, I stayed logged on and survived several hit and run retrieval attempts, an imm happened to be watching and I got a fairly nice reward for my tenacity and willingness to PLAY THE GAME.

Secondly. There's adversity in the game. That's what makes it so great! Carrion Fields isn't a place where you're never frustrated and everything's easy. It's harsh and unforgiving, which is why it can be so incredibly rewarding. You're often faced with unique challenges with take determination and ingenuity to overcome. I actually find this game presents me challenges which I don't get in any other context. There are plenty of games out there which offer players an unbroken stream of clear ways to progress at all times. Carrion Fields doesn't need to be that, it needs to be Carrion Fields. You're on your own out there, doing whatever it takes to survive.