Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: and also
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=5547&mesg_id=5586
5586, RE: and also
Posted by Graatch on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are a host of flaws in your points which I have neither the time nor energy to respond to, but a few select ones which leap out:

You wrorte (in one of the three posts you wrote in succession) "personally, I find it more fun..." or something like that. That's the point. You personally. Other people - and a large majority or else this wouldn't be a perceived problem in the first place - obviously disagree. If they didn't want to fight that way, they wouldn't.

Comparing holy word and summon are apples and oranges, and, moreover, your point fails because I never see anyone use holy word in combat since the change requiring people to have a hand free. They aren't using it. That's why I advocated changing it, so it could once again be useful. Summon is fine as it is. Your problem is with ganging. Instead of changing something that is fine as it is, change the problem, which is that other people play differently than you. Go write essays on why ganging is bad and change peoples' opinions. Preach the value of one vs. one fighting. Play a character who doesn't gang, and who preys on those who do. Make a change yourself, don't change the spell/supplication. It's the sympton you're addressing, not the problem.

And, of course, it's not really a problem at all, I'm just writing it that way so you will understand. In reality it's just how people want it. If they are, as you say, after the easiest way to kill, then that's what they want. If they wanted it harder they wouldn't gang in the first place. Why should you engineer a contrivance to make it into something less desired by those who play it?