Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectHaven-
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=53548&mesg_id=53604
53604, Haven-
Posted by Faenral on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now... Normally I wouldn't post on a class I'm not overly familiar with (which doesn't say much to begin with, but hey.) But Haven seems to be pretty pointless once you get Sanctuary since it's more DR and you can commune it on others.

I get that having Haven at 100% extends the duration of Sanctuary, but past that, it's never used for... Well. Anything.

I think Haven would be moderately more useful (IMO,) if it offered something more along the lines of -sv stuff. Like poison, etc, and could be used on others as a "group" commune similar to Favor of the Sun (which should be made mutually exclusive, rather than Sanctuary)

So... co 'haven'
You close your eyes and hum for an instant.
X shimmers briefly as *deity* grants them safe-haven from harm.
Y shimmers briefly as *deity* grants them safe-haven from harm.
You shimmer briefly as *diety* grants you safe-haven from harm.

Aff-
Commune Haven modifies resistance to poison by X for y hours.
Commune Haven modifies resistance to paralysis by x for y hours.
Commune Haven x hours (being the Damage Resistance, but should be replaced by Sanctuary when it's put up.)

Granted, like this it functions like an all-around Aegis, so Haven should be a lesser Sanc/Aegis, and affect the duration of both when you commune the appropriate supplications -after- using Haven.

My two cents about the ability, anyway.