Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectFortress Inner, transplant from Shok's Forum
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=4954&mesg_id=4954
4954, Fortress Inner, transplant from Shok's Forum
Posted by Graatch on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having fought every inner cabal guardian in the last year other than Outlander (playing tribunal, fortress, battle and empire) I think I have at least a sense of the relative strengths, and potential for cabal member assistance in each case.

I think the suggestion to make the fortress innner, the Watcher, be a two handed dedicant with some virtues is an excellent idea. The destructor has weapons, and knows all seven specs, so there certainly is no problem giving the Watcher a weapon to use. And, like the Destructor, I'd have it randomly change in battle from mace to sword to polearm, etc.

To my knowledge he is the only cabal inner guardian other than the Tribunal who does not in any way maledict. This would allow him to do so. And those maledictions are useful, but not crippling.

It would also make the Watcher more linked to the fortress, as a Maran paladin.

I leave it to those who know the inner workings of the game better than I to determine how many virtues, and which, though as a fighter I'd probably just give him retribution and temperance and maybe fortitude. But that's just off the top of my head. Maybe Hope for some holy strength and to randomly give fortress people standing there everyone that steadfast heart morale boost. :P

I remember with Drozzhurb and a few others thinking that the Watcher was the absolute weakest of the guardians, as well as the maran outer guardian.

Figured I'd open it up on the main gameplay forum.