Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectPK Stats
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=45842&mesg_id=45865
45865, PK Stats
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is not a comment on the match up of the ranger vs assassin, but ranger vs assassin scores in general.

Ranger top 5:
295, 265, 194, 160, 147

Assassin top 5:
315, 289, 227, 196, 189

Not much difference despite Assassins being "bad ass everywhere" and rangers only being "bad ass in the bush."

Pre-30 I eat assassins for breakfast with my rangers. Wield axe, dual axe, serpent strike. Broken bones? Flee and laugh as they can't catch you since they have movement lag in the wilderness and you don't. Or just cover your str/dex loss with equipment. Not terribly hard to do. They don't have many hp, so all it really takes is 1-2 failed attempts to break your bones and they are done for. Explorer is even better since you can just fix those bones once you have tend wounds.

Caprivitiose (plains/explorer) gave Sumeraj (my assassin) absolute hell in the wilderness. All I could do is hope to land a wrist break and even then I'm as like to vanish and get the hell out if I can.

Warriors, orcs, and other rangers are the only things I ever fear in the slightest as a ranger, in the wilderness, pre-30.

I can't comment on post-30 as I usually move on to something else by then.