Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRegarding Scion:
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=4555&mesg_id=4559
4559, Regarding Scion:
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
-The purpose of Scion. Now, it's got the whole "doomesday cult" RP thing, but when it first appeared it just seemed like a catch-all for empire/evil master refugees.

A lot of people were asking "What's the point of Scion?". Not just your clueless noobs, but long-time players as well

I was talking about the revamp, not the initial implementation. The initial implementation was more vague- the staff that designed it was introducing three cabals on one day, and AFAIK needed the room to be able to adjust. Over my first year or two on staff, I developed the current backstory based on ideas I initially had as a mortal Valguarnera during some quests, and implemented the full details of it as the new set of powers was introduced.

The Change Fearers still came out in droves, even after admitting that, well, they hadn't actually played a Scion under the new regime. Over time, people actually played Scions (or a non-Scion who a Scion would actually discuss it with), and the overreaction faded.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com