Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectDon't get me wrong, I sure as hell ain't Thror dude
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=45301&mesg_id=45344
45344, Don't get me wrong, I sure as hell ain't Thror dude
Posted by Rogue on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have had to do exactly what you described.

You start out with just a couple basic phrases or references.

With Azber, I had the grinding wheel, sure as stones are solid, my warcry was Rend the Rocks Red with Wizards Blood or something like that, and me hammering arm.

Basically, you just juggle any of those into any varient once or twice when you talk with someone. Realistically, how much is there to say in passing conversation with someone you're going to rank with? Just giving a taste of each, and possible coming up withing something new with each person you talk to, turn down, or just say hello to, by the time you're in the mid ranks, you have a comfortable character development to where you can interview for a cabal and dress-to-impress.

This is a simple but very workable method I use for characters that I want to have a lot of flash in my speech patterns. That doesn't mean that you have to be the scottish accent, or super flashy. Even if you're subtle with it, you have a few key componets that you are comfortable with, that are pulled out of/worked into your role (A good way to get an Immortal to slap a Lastname because you are RP'ing it often or a Title, or whatever you are working on) and really help you sink yourself into your character.

This is the kind of thing that personally, helps me immerse. Maybe you are wasting 5 minutes a couple times, but before you know it, you're going to have a cabal applicante ####ting his pants in an interview because you are making him feel like your first experience with an immortal made you feel.

That's an awesome feeling, and very rewarding.