Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectI don't want to make it anymore negative for you, but..
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=45090&mesg_id=45160
45160, I don't want to make it anymore negative for you, but..
Posted by robdarken_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Have you ever considered that at least half of the people who play this game are whiny ####s? There is a reason I spend half my time full-saccing people.

I don't think I've ever "formally" complained about anything or demanded anything be changed, ever. I do think deathblow is a stupid skill, I'll bitch about it because it's what it is and I don't like it and am 80% more likely to full anyone who has it(though I think this is a case of correlation and not causation). But so what? In the end I'd rather deathblow and the few other things I dislike about this game be what they are than not have the game as I know it to play. I'm never going to leave because of deathblow, in fact I love beating on the people who roll up rbws and generally giving them a hard time(even if it's a huge time-sink to do successfully).

I can't think of any insightful way to put this, without saying it the same way it's been said a million times, but I do think it's true: don't let it get to you. You are appreciated. I'm always ranting about how you're a badass, and recently how about Scar is a boss, just not publicly generally.

And even for the ninnies who think they actually dislike you(I think you'd be hard pressed to find one), you still contribute a huge amount of enjoyment to us all by having done so much for the game, you've made a permanently beneficial investment, and even if you leave(as long a you don't flip any game-breaking switches out of grief) we will continue to enjoy it for, hopefully, a long long time.

I know what it feels like for it to seem like your job is to just have people get pissed off at you, stomp off angry, or always be disappointed no matter what you do, that your job is impossible because people expect more than you can reasonably deliver. But as long as you care you should know there will always be the few who genuinely appreciate your service, will always come back, always be (ultimately)happy with it, and be devastated if you ever disappeared.

It's not your responsibility to keep doing this, but I'm not going to watch you slide away with "nobody appreciates me bawwww"

If you're tired of it take a break, chill, maybe don't ever come back, or just play characters. But don't walk away thinking it was a waste of time. I am quite serious when I say don't know where I'd be if I never bumped into this game, but I'm willing to bet not in a very good place.

And I don't think you HAVE to deal with the drama, I really don't. How about you just aspire to ignore it? We're not going anywhere if you don't listen to us bitch, seriously.

You must have forgotten how addictive this game is.

I'm not trying to discourage you from explaining how you feel about our general attitudes, or how you feel about this job in general, I just don't want you to be a nancy about it and leave forever, because we ####ing love you.

This is a GREAT game. Over the 8 years I've played NOTHING has compared, and I am anything but a casual player of anything.

This is how you are viewed. How do you think all the childrens would feel if you just walked away and stopped giving presents ever, even the good kids?

Though, Santa's pretty damn smart, he doesn't let any snot-nosed brats talked to him through any means but one-way conversation letters.