Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Thanks!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=43420&mesg_id=43443
43443, RE: Thanks!
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Juvenile insult matches are a long time tradition that used to
>be fun in CF before we all started taking this stuff so
>seriously.

Not for me. There are a couple of people that would make the game unplayable for me if ignore were removed. I don't log into CF to engage in a pick-up-basketball-game style trash talking aimed at me as a player rather than my character. I get enough threatening or derisive correspondence as part of my work (I am an attorney) that I want to escape it for an hour or two when I play a RP/PK game like CF.

There are certain people intentionally trying to invoke an emotional reaction so as to get a PK advantage over you and it is not quite rule breaking or spamming, so IMM policing is inefficient - and really no IMM wants that job. Moreover, while ignore can be targeted to that one player, and no more, Quiet actually does limit your opportunities for quality RP. I do not think anyone should have to sit through quasi-RP taunting to play CF, and Ignore has been one of the key additions to the game to make it enjoyable for me.