Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectNo, that's not even close to the real drawback of evil conjurors.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=41035&mesg_id=41212
41212, No, that's not even close to the real drawback of evil conjurors.
Posted by Vortex Magus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Random mob deaths to your own servitors don't count as PK deaths anyway, exp holes can easily be retaken with a bit of time investment and if you're smart you'd have plenty of trains saved up to take care of the con loss. And any half-decent evil conjuror is keenly, keenly aware of how happy his servitors are, and will run to a desolate spot to either dismiss them or re-up their happy happy rates the moment he thinks he's losing control.

I played three evil conjies so far to a max level of forty, complete noobs, all of them, and though my servitors turned on my plenty of times, I rarely died to it. And I mean, seriously, I was really bad. And when I did die, only once did it happen in a PK situation where I would have won without servitors turning. And even then, I was able to word before my demon finished eating my face off, so my opponent didn't get a chance at my corpse. Didn't lose much at all out of it.

In my opinion, the real drawback of playing evil conjurors is the vast, vast amount of knowledge and investment it requires to function really well. There's this huge gap between mediocre evil conjies and godlike evil conjies. There are tons of super-rare, super limited items that boost their skills, tons of powerful prep knowledge reserved almost exclusively for conjies, tons of really powerful or useful charmies that you can utilize if you know what you're doing. Tons of little hints that you need to be aware of that your servitor will give before it decides to tear you a new asshole for ####s and giggles.

Goodies don't really need to think about these things, though they certainly help, but a successful evil conjie needs to know a lot of ####ing #### if he wants to begin and maintain the momentum that make conjies such a wrecking ball.