Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Lies.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=41035&mesg_id=41078
41078, RE: Lies.
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
2. I think you (eskelian) are seriously overestimating the time involved with ABS and underestimating the time involved with playing a rager. Where prep time takes a serious uptick is for melée classes (non assassins because they have assassinate/trance) stocking up on one shot non-buyable preps. That is almost not worth it for me. But ABS invokers, at least, require relatively minimal boring time getting preps. As for RBWs, there is PLENTY of 15 min interval downtime - only your downtime will be hiding somewhere watching your HP come close to zero from bleeding or immolation or plague or whatever hoping you manage to survive. Maybe that's fun time for you I don't know - but if it is I would imagine getting barrier would be fun time for you, too.

---------------------------

I don't claim to be any good at the game but I'll say that I've done the ABS thing since the changes and done the melee class thing and done the rager thing (not to any notoriety mind you - again I'm not that good at the game) and I will disagree. It's exactly as tedious as I believe it is.

I should also rephrase. I don't really think ragers are OP. It's more of a joke of mine that they are so much fun to play that they are OP, because they're a lot less tedious than some of the alternatives.