Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectOn 2 and 3
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=37032&mesg_id=37033
37033, On 2 and 3
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On each of my characters, I feel completely obligated to sit at the hamsah docks and tap my aliases for each and every boat when they come, for about 2-3 hours. I do not find this fun, but I have more patience than death, so I do it, as the edge reward is very significant.

I would vehemently support anything that would make it so I do not have to do things like this. As an avid explorer (perhaps TOO avid some would say), I believe I know more explore places/things than most, which just means more stuff I feel obligated to look at with each character. If, somehow, it could save your observe from previous characters and give it to your future characters (perhaps doled out over time, or at lvl 51, that would be great, but I feel it is a little powergamey.

However, I strongly feel that imm exp, pk (in an AP charge type fashion, not pure numbers), and levels should be the ONLY sources of edge points. Imm exp being the overwhelmingly superior to the other two of course. This would make, in my humble ability to make predictions, RP far more common, as you could not just explore your way to the edges you need and otherwise shun RP.

Edit: If this means fewer edges being picked overall, that would be completely fine.

I believe either of these choices would remove a significant amount of the monotony of redundant exploration.