Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Short-term vs. long-term retention (long)
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=34712&mesg_id=34871
34871, RE: Short-term vs. long-term retention (long)
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's destructive because its inherently hostile and negative, coming from a top level Admin of the game. I don't want to be where I'm not wanted, I could care less about your game if you could care less about wanting other people to play. It reads like, "If you ever have a problem go **** yourself, we don't care." That's the message you're projecting, whether its the one you want to project or not because its an inherently negative post.

Not at all. Hosting a party is a positive act, even if it means you have to bounce a few troublemakers. The goal is to make a good experience for the group, even if it comes at the expense of certain individuals. It can promote long-term retention precisely because you protect the (numerous) honest players from having their time ruined by the few troublemakers. You're only "not wanted" when you bring down the experience for the strong majority of other players and staff. If that sounds like "Go #### yourself, we don't care.", you're only viewing it from the perspective of someone who is a serially negative influence.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com