Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Random topic of discussion: Midlevels
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=31904&mesg_id=31923
31923, RE: Random topic of discussion: Midlevels
Posted by sorlag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>In short:
>
>1) Based on a lot of time watching players, I disagree that
>most people can tell that difference, or at least, that most
>people care about that difference.

*shrug* It seems obvious enough to me. I can understand enemies bitching about it, but I very rarely hear cabal chatter or gossip where allies are complaining about other allies doing this, and of course things are always skewed from the other side of the fence.

>2) If you can group with heroes, you've had heroes in range
>for a few levels already.

Based on XP penalties, this isn't always true, especially when you have a human-something level sitter avoiding tough guys with higher penalties.

>3) Often there are pretty good reasons to stop at something
>like 40-41 for a while. For example, if I'm a warrior, maybe
>I don't want to hero with all my second spec skills at 63%.

It doesn't take 3-4 weeks to get your second spec skills to 100%. I bet a warrior with average intelligence is probably going to have 2-3 of them pretty close just by ranking casually. This scenario is pretty easy to pick up on and distinguish between more lame behavior. I guess I don't have snoop though.

>4) If someone wants to hang at 40 for a while, so what? How
>does that make the game less fun for you?

No, which is why I don't mind when people do it and why I've never, ever requested or goaded someone into leveling faster. On the rare occasion I feel like someone is doing it PURELY for the sake of being opportunistic and padding their PK ratio while not having to defend against a very small but powerful handful of opponents, I bitch and moan about it to myself in my head.