Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: The 2 are not the same
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=30080&mesg_id=30251
30251, RE: The 2 are not the same
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>vs necro: Fight anywhere except places where you can be
>trapped by summon (which are a minority), and you are at no
>risk unless you let your moves get so low that you can't
>flee.

I think if I can sleep you with a mid-level necromancer, and you don't get saved by a groupmate/cabalmate, I probably can kill you in at least half of the areas in the game almost regardless of what you're packing.

In some cases there's a locked room.

In some cases there's a room I can close, which a lot of the time is going to be good enough. If I can slow you down for a round or two, that's enough.

In some cases you can't teleport. I like my odds running you down and keeping you away from a healer long enough.

In some cases you can teleport, but I can be on you again in under 2-3 ticks. With enough stuff in your inventory and some luck, you might make it in this case, but frankly that's a much more fringe case than the 'random warrior somehow permalags you and out-melees you for 20 rounds despite everything you might do' case.

This is without giving me, say, Empire powers, a way to reliably lag you for at least a few rounds (see the closed room case), anyone else to help, or a way to do something about your potions, any of which might be in play depending on the circumstances.