Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Dying to lowbie necros
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=30080&mesg_id=30245
30245, RE: Dying to lowbie necros
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Here's the deal. In order for that warrior to permalag me with bash, he has to attack me first. That means one of two things:

1. I fought him willingly, knowing he's capable of potentially permalagging me, or
2. I wasn't spamming where often enough and he got the jump on me.

Now let's look at similar cases for a necro. First:

"I fought him willingly, knowing he's capable of potentially permalagging me."

I'd say this is similar to fighting a necro in an area with a good summoning spot, when you have good saves, or possibly fighting a nero in an area with no summoning spot but where you don't have a full compliment of "sleep survival" aids on hand. Chances are you don't get slept, just like you're likely not going to be straight up permalagged by most warriors you're prepared to fight. With the necro, maybe you're fast enough to prevent him even getting an attempt. But, then again, maybe he gets lucky despite your saves.

Now the other case:

"I wasn't spamming where often enough and he got the jump on me."

This is analagous to you standing at market square (i.e. an area with a good summon spot) talking to somebody and the necro strolls up and sleeps you. Just like you'd be dead if decked-warrior strolled up and started bashing, you're screwed if skilled-necro strolls up and sleeps you in Galadon w/ no tribs around.