Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Three reasons to care about mob deaths
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=30080&mesg_id=30198
30198, RE: Three reasons to care about mob deaths
Posted by quas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I still suspect the actual % of times you die as a result of teleporting vs the number of times you don't is less then 1%.

If that was not the case we would reasonably see something like 15-20 mob deaths from teleporting on almost every single character who perfects teleport. (not saying some people don't spam it in no teleport area or learn it mostly through rank bonuses but the number of times you cast a spell before it is mastered is measured into the hundreds) we do not see this and therefore in practice teleporting to death has a very very low risk. is it absolutly zero risk, no, our perceptions of the rate may seem high because you really remember that one you died but not the 100 you landed in a safe place. Wording also has a very low percent but as I said in another post at least it is predictable so people can try and use it against you, the unpredictability of teleport reduces the risk of me as a hunter hurting you to the risk of dieing from teleport which is substantially lower.