Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjecthaving played 3 hero range evil conjies
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=25669&mesg_id=25681
25681, having played 3 hero range evil conjies
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"In some ways I may be in the minority here, but I think a well-played evil conjurer is so overwhelmingly powerful (and, especially for a devil conjurer, could realistically never look for any A/B/S and never miss it) that I'm hesitant to make them any stronger."

I think your a little off based here. In the mid ranks I think both goodie and evil conjies are equally deadly. In the high ranks I think a conjie that can find abs is almost always better off with a demon. The caveat being if they actually manage to keep a lesser ice devil at that high happy rating where they cast after fleeing people and when entering the room. if a devil is even slightly unhappy it has such a quick downgrading effect that its very very tough to get them re happy again because they actually cast so rarely that you need to flee because they ain't doing much and when you need to flee they get more unhappy and it becomes a quick and dangerous cycle.

personally i would feel better if you just removed the whole fleeing makes them mad part and left everything else alone, this would not increase their power cap any because they still need to be fighting a fair amount to stay happy and deadly it just makes devils more manageable. As for demons they are so easy to please if they turn on a character more then once or twice your just flat out not doing something right.

As far as deadliness at hero... I wouldn't say devils/demons are any scarier then angels/archons the only difference is being able to use gaunts and thats a big difference, but if you remove the gaunt I would take angels/archons most of the time (although being ablew to custom tailor the type of demon to the type of foe is nice archangels are pretty damn good all around)